From: dave malouf
Sent: Wed 2/20/2008 12:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Where are all the designers?
3) The value of SV as a nexus is being lost due to well what SV does
... create technological solutions that mitigate the need for
centralized workforces. 8-)
Speaking of which....
TandemSeven is hiring. Where you want to live is not a prime qualification for
the positions. We do have concentrations in Boston, NY, Chicago, and SF... but
we have individuals in many other cities as well.
See below for the type of folks we are looking for and the type of work we do.
You can learn more at http://www.tandemseven.com/careers/
Send me your resume or questions if you are interested.
__________________
Principal User Experience Architect
Apply for this position
Tandemseven is a privately held, self-financed consulting company that designs
and architects business portals and custom e-business applications. We
specialize in creating, usable, intuitive interfaces for complex applications.
Here's what is different about working for TandemSeven:
* We are a consulting company-not an agency or a resourcing company
* Our primary goal is to provide the best solution for the client-not to win
design awards (although we have won them, and we appreciate the industry
recognition)
* We focus on the complicated stuff-e-commerce, transactional systems,
enterprise-scaled portals, global sites where we optimize the designs for a CMS
and RIAs
* User Experience Architects (UEAs) define the strategy-we do the research and
the work, providing the smartest integration of research findings with the
solution (less is lost in translation)
* UEAs maintain the primary client relationship-we do not rely on others to
translate requirements and feedback; we hear it directly from the source.
Interested? Review the description below to see if your skills and expertise
match our criteria and send us your resume.
Skills
Candidates must be able to lead engagements and work independently or with a
team. Strong client-facing presentation and communication skills (both written
and verbal) are required. Additionally, candidates must be able to estimate and
write proposals and statements of work, and handle multiple projects and
proposals concurrently. Specific skills include:
* Persona development
* User research planning and execution
* Usability testing
* ontextual inquiry
* Task analysis
* Field studies
* Requirements definition: gathering and documentation
* Use case creation
* User interface design
* Conceptual interaction models
* Information architecture
* Wireframes
* Functional specifications
* Tools
Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel),
expert in Visio (including Template and Background Creation) and Microsoft
Project.
Requirements
* Minimum 10 years practicing software or web-based UI design, including portal
frameworks
* Experience in designing complex, transactional applications
* A passion for creating great user experiences through user-centered design.
Preferred
* Minimum 3 - 5 years of senior consulting to large, Fortune 500 companies
* Familiarity with both agile and plan-driven development processes and UML
* Experience and desire to create intellectual capital (e.g., white papers,
conference presentations, etc.). Must be able to supply samples of previous
research and design work.
* Advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive
Psychology, or related field
* Minimum 3 years experience working in the financial services industry
* A strong business development network
As part of TandemSeven's standard employment process, candidates will undergo a
complete background check, which may include fingerprinting, prior to an offer
being extended. Background checks are conducted by a professional third party
firm at no charge to the applicant and include: prior employment verification,
education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and
motor vehicle records (where required for position).
TandemSeven supports Workforce Diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.

Nick Iozzo
Principal User Experience Architect
tandemseven
847.452.7442 mobile