I would highlight the field that fails validation and I'd put the
following message next to it:

"This doesn't look like a [first name|last name|city]. Maybe you made
a spelling mistake?"

This should be OK for users that just accidentally pressed a number
key when they were typing. Of course in some cases you will get users
who deliberately attempt to enter junk in some of these fields, but I
can't see why you should give them any more precise explanation.

Just make sure that you cover all cases: names of people and cities
sometimes have apostrophes, dashes, dots etc. and you should accept
that. There's no better way to alienate your users from the beginning
than to discard their name as they choose to spell it.

Regards,
Alex