I assume that any given person will use only one pair of languages -- French
and Mandarin for example. The languages could be set in preferences/during
installation or in Drop down lists on top of the columns (the choice
depends). The labels then will be "French" and "Mandarin".

--
Oleh Kovalchuke
Interaction Design is design of time