Susie,
I don't suppose there is a way to do the translation for the user is
there? Isn't it just a character mapping? Possibly create a setting
that allows the user or administrator to select the appropriate latin
translation if that is an issue but boy I'm feeling for those users
having to enter that information twice. Some database owner or
backend systems technologist needs to try a little harder to make
that transform work behind the scenes - it feels like something is
being pushed into the interface that isn't necessary. Of course I'm
probably missing something - but these are the kinds of fights we
exist for right?