Hi gang,

BW has a nice article on Twitter that I thought relevant to people.
http://tinyurl.com/3ssj5l

As to the "intimacy" discussion that Will brings up, I totally disagree.
My use of twitter and experience of it, totally leads to "closeness" in my
own personal feelings with many of the people I truly follow. BTW, just b/c
I follow you literally doesn't mean I really follow you closely. but those
whom I follow closely it is a source that helps me fill in the gaps, it is
what I call the arbitrary and mundane, and it is actually this "mundane"
that is what creates intimate relationships.

Things that help this is that Twitter is not used in isolation. Tumblr,
Flickr (txitxer), friendfeed, etc. all add more to this, but it adds to
intimacy in the way the word is intended in its basic non-sexual meanings.

-- dave