Okay - I read the BW article - which I humbly think was complete fluff -
there was no there, there (an unbearable lightness of non being).

I am really warming up to twitter, and have found that it is definitely
creating more immediacy in my conversations in the third place with folks. I
know that it does provide some context to have meaningful conversations with
people, but my point, Dave - was that it can't replace having those real
conversations. I think it can provide a means and platform for people to
have intimate conversations - I was just hesitant to think that Twitter is
those conversations...

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 8:37 AM, David Malouf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> BW has a nice article on Twitter that I thought relevant to people.
> http://tinyurl.com/3ssj5l
>
> As to the "intimacy" discussion that Will brings up, I totally disagree.
> My use of twitter and experience of it, totally leads to "closeness" in my
> own personal feelings with many of the people I truly follow. BTW, just b/c
> I follow you literally doesn't mean I really follow you closely. but those
> whom I follow closely it is a source that helps me fill in the gaps, it is
> what I call the arbitrary and mundane, and it is actually this "mundane"
> that is what creates intimate relationships.
>
> Things that help this is that Twitter is not used in isolation. Tumblr,
> Flickr (txitxer), friendfeed, etc. all add more to this, but it adds to
> intimacy in the way the word is intended in its basic non-sexual meanings.
>
> -- dave

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"