On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Bryan Minihan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For the pre-work on our current project, I put together a concept map,
> instead of a direct site-map.  I divided the site into distinct "clouds" and
> placed common tools into each according to roles.  My main site map gave a
> high-level overview and delineated all of the "locked down" pages that help
> with site admin and general company information, but when it got down to the
> user-interaction level, the "clouds" illustrated which tools were available
> to each group, without trying to show they were in specific pages at any
> given time.

I've actually done that exact thing, it was the first thing I did. I have
circles around each main "idea" with satellites of functionality around
them. Lines connect things that interact.

Maybe that is a better tool, I'm not sure. When it comes down to "hard
pages" I end up with very few items on the site map. Maybe I'm seeing a
problem where there isn't one, I'm just not sure.