Tom-
Our solution is to create a "statemap" instead of a sitemap, and catalog
the various relevant states of each module or behavior.  So if you have
a "poke someone" module, you describe how it behaves independent of any
surrounding content that does not impact that module's behavior or
presentation.

You can also use abstraction to simplify contextual relationships; for
instance, suppose that you can "poke" someone and also include a piece
of content from the page that you "poked" them from.  That abstraction
("piece of content") simplifies the description to include an article,
link, widget, vCard, or whatever.

Is this something that a lot of people are challenged with?  If so, I
might be able to put together a "statemapping" presentation online.  Let
me know if you all would be interested in such a thing.

Dante

Dante Murphy | Director of User Experience| D I G I T A S  H E A L T H
229 South 18th Street | Rittenhouse Square | Philadelphia, PA 19103 |
USA
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.digitashealth.com