Interesting article. It focuses on in-person testing. I'm wondering what kind of experience you have had with remote testing? This is pretty easy to do with UserVue and a telephone.

We have done it with the test moderator in one location, observers in another and the test participant at his or her home or work computer. It worked fairly well except that the observers tended to goof off after a bit. They were listening in on a conference call and watching the user's screen on a monitor.

Brett