From the perspective of someone who has 3/4 of a comp sci BACHelor's degree...the only effect I have seen the lack of degree have is on my starting salary. I make up for it in effort, and usually make up the difference within a year, but it's getting a little tiring (that's why I'm finishing my degree, albeit slowly).

Having hired Masters degreed folks, and worked with many of them, I would say their degrees lent more credibility out the gate with clients, but it was their connections that improved their position and salary the most (as is the case with many people I've worked with).

I'd be interested in pursuing a Master's degree, but would prefer to get another Bachelor's in biology first =]

Bryan Minihan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]