One more thing--

Trevor Thompson wrote:
But an unofficial survey around our office found that most people prefer links to new sites to open up in new windows/tabs. They said that new windows or tabs make it easier to explore links to other, possibly- irrelevant, but possibly-useful sites, and still come quickly back to the main site at any time, exactly where you left it.

Safari has this lovely "Snapback" feature that provides that function--a temporary bookmark or placeholder. It's the only thing I really like about Safari.

Elena