Password field: Momentary reveal.

The users are corporate users at call centers where they are not
allowed to be distracted by such things as e-mail and internet
access.

The application is being developed in Silverlight so we have a lot of
functionality flexibility.  My development team and I have decided to
build a password field that reveals the character typed but only for
a moment.  Once we get that working I want them to implement
functionality that allows the user to move the character cursor
across the letters to again reveal them momentarily.  This allows the
user to review what they have typed in.

I believe this is advantageous over an extra UI control such as an
option button.

Steven