On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Jeremy Yuille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Matthew, thanks for putting this out there, it's a really great set of
> inspiration sources!
>
> re 'patterns': I think something like Pattern Tap complements other
> resources like http://welie.com or http://ui-patterns.com/ for the reason
> that it approaches selection from a different angle: 'Tasty Design' ;-)

 I totally agree with this! Please don't take my nitpicking on terminology
as a criticism of the site and concept. I love it! It's really useful. I
also accept that language drifts and even terms of art can change and the
"success" of the pattern meme is going to tend to lead to watering it down,
but I'm nonetheless going to try to hold the line on this distinction for
now, as I think it's useful.

People should also look at factoryjoe's pattern galleries on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/factoryjoe/collections/72157600001823120/(which
he similarly calls design patterns although I think they fall short
of that designation for the same reasons discussed above, while still
believing they are incredibly useful and great).

-x-

--
Christian Crumlish http://xianlandia.com
Yahoo! pattern detective http://design.yahoo.com