On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 9:10 AM, matthew Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> @Jared
> How would you best describe what Pattern Tap showcases? What language
> would you change or redefine? I'd be interested to see how we can
> gaurd those terms well, and honor the work of folks like yourself,
> while hopefully at the same time, offering a bit of expansion to
> terms like "pattern".

 Hi Matt,

I'm not Jared, but I've been watching this thread with interest.  I
appreciate what you've done and want to do in terms of helping provide
sources of inspiration, but I share others' concern about the extension of
the 'pattern' term.  I think there is already too much confusion around it
and think it'd be better not to extend it to mean 'example', which is what I
take away from patterntap.
I think what Alexander was trying to get at in his books on patterns is more
than this and has a lot to offer the interaction design community that we
shouldn't overlook or water down.

Again, I think what you're doing is definitely valuable and appreciated; the
concern's just about the terminology.

--Ambrose