It is the one subject about which all persons have expert knowledge.

On Jul 28, 2008, at 11:56 AM, Jackie O'Hare wrote:

I love that the natural first test of a search engine is "can you show
me me?"

On a separate note, someone mentioned earlier that search engines are a
lot about branding, which I am certainly inclined to agree with.  It's
going to be hard for any new players in the search engine market to
overcome the fact that Google is a verb.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
dave malouf
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 7:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Cuil

Not that you can check now (they seem to be down), but their image
matching software is not all that accurate. There are two David Malouf's
of interest in the search results (I win on the 1st page on
Cuil--Yeah!), but the picture is never of me or even associated with me.
Once they even had Jared Spool's picture. But most times it is some
other David Malouf (usually the more famous Australian novelist). What
really sucks is that none of my categories show up on the right even
though I'm more of the articles listed on the page.

They have a lot of work to do. ;-)

-- dave

--

Jeff Gimzek | Senior User Experience Designer

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   www.springstudio.com