From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Damon Dimmick
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 12:21 PM
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Cuil

I actually find the horizontal / multi column results search a lot more
natural in this kind of setting. usually the summary section isn't
necessary for most searches, so changing the format to a more blocky,
horizontal grouping might actually be beneficial. Since users have to
read the results in any case, their eyes are already moving
horizontally, so the idea of putting the top results in a
shoulder-to-shoulder seems like a natural. There are bad ways of doing
that, of course.

But from a purely visual (non interaction) design point of view, the
entry page seems somehow.... wrong. Maybe that's just because current
vogue and standard is an open, airy, white-space style search page.

Right now the major problem seems to be server overload so it is tough
to see how responsive the site will be.