I don't agree that Arial or Myriad has no longer any particular
connotations. It is a design decision, even if you choose a very
common or neutral font.

If you want feedback on the ideas behind some sketches I would advise
a handwriting font like Notepad:
http://www.dafont.com/notepad.font
(or just use you're own handwriting, like Nick suggests).

If you're testing the changes with a prototype, I would advise to
use a font in line with the design requirements, keeping in mind that
every pixel, character and even white space is part of the test.

The only way to isolate the choice of font from the test, is to use
no font. If this is not possible or desirable then the font will be
part of the design being tested.