From: Brett Lutchman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Todd Zaki Warfel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Tamlyn Rhodes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; IxDA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, 17 September, 2008 14:44:08
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Next & previous button order

Todd I am partly agreeing with you on this. If you look at my statement I am
speaking about keyboard savvy users. Mouse users move comfortably (in order)
bottom right, top left, top right, bottom left.
Regardless of whether or not they are mouse users, and regardless whether or
not they look bottom right first. A mouse user will take more time to
consider their actions then a keyboard savvy user would, and will find the
Next button on the left if they don't see it on the right.
Again, my saying that the 'Next' button being on the left is not so much the
only rule, but rather the reduction of the probability of disruption.
A mouse user will eventually find the button on the left if it's not on the
right.
A keyboard savvy would have their flow broken and would have to press the
forward button again, and maybe refill their information if the fields do
not remember their information on the present screen and then refill the
info again on the previous screen from which they came from (the original
screen) and hope the system remembers their information again, and would
then have their interactive flow retarded in order to not make the same
mistake again.

--
Brett Lutchman
Web Slinger.