Sachin,
I have a strong leaning regarding my position on sitemaps which I will not
get into.
My focus rather will be on the placement of your sections.
'Upfront' and 'bottom of the page' seem to be contradictory to me.
Also, when you say 'bottom of the page', is it possible that this solution
may be below the page break on certain pages?

What I am looking at is to have those few sections and their sub-links
upfront at the bottom of the page for all the subsequent pages besides the
home page.