Maybe I am being narrow-minded, but I just don't see these other
distinctions as being valid approaches. Stakeholder-centered,
tech-centered, etc.  I really feel this is over-complicating things.

If you agree with what I said earlier about design defining what
you're trying to do and then dealing with the challenges of doing
it, then all of these things, including and especially the USER must
be factored-in.  Any design that focuses on one factor to the
exclusion of the others is destined to fail IMO.

However that doesn't mean that you can't prioritize these factors.
In terms of designing a web site or app that people will use, I guess
I just don't see how anything can be prioritized higher than the
user.  Again, not to the exclusion of all else.  Sometimes something
may be best for the user, but just not be feasible because of costs
or technological limitations.  However sacrifices like that need to
be made very carefully and thoughtfully.