On Oct 7, 2008, at 8:10 PM, David Malouf wrote:

Andrei, a very specific question ... if I know Flash ActionScript 3
or Blend VB is that good enough?

Short answer: Yes.

I don't qualify either way, but
I'm just curious why you were so specific about HTML/Browser tech?

Long answer: If you know ActionScript or VisualBasic, learning something like JavaScript is not a huge leap. Of those choices, JavaScript is more popular and a bit more general purpose in its use in the field (with more robust and useful OpenSource libraries and tools like JQuery and such) so I'm recommending JavaScript given how much it would cover if you were starting from scratch. However, if you already know a scripting language, then learning another one is simply tedious versus being a whole new world you might have to grapple with.

And as always, knowing all three is even better.

--
Andrei Herasimchuk

Principal, Involution Studios
innovating the digital world