I'm not sure there need be frameworks for interaction design
principals at all, but assuming there need be, your example has one
major flaw.

A civic building will exist for  /-100 years. Social Media sites as
we know them will not even last 10. Perhaps not even 5.

While there are certainly best practices to follow in social media,
the concept is so new that due diligence has not been performed in
understanding how some of the major idioms within should function.

It is still being played with, and trying to nail down a real list of
best practices, or even a collection of common concepts, is premature.

It seems clear that social sites, social computing, will continue to
grow, but the means in which we interact will change. The web is
already changing to support it, and we'll see almost anything we try
to establish dashed by the year 2015. Or even 2010.

As social data becomes more ubiquitous, we'll see it's robotic
entry disappear, and that alone will free most social sites from
having to provide profile editing, they will be services, like
iGoogle widgets.

Or they will be even more decentralized than that.

And under those conditions, most or all of what we try to establish
as guidelines for the current state will be moot.

Will