Just to build on this discussion which I think is an excellent idea and
something that should have been done a long time ago...perhaps we could
have come up with economic stimulus concepts that worked better and had
the desired effect. The majority of the last stimulus checks went to
paying down debts and bills, rather than to boost consumer spending, as
the government had hoped. A more throrough development of the personas
that needed to be helped would have undoubtedly had a more positive
economic impact.
___________
Persona 2:
Susan, the hard-working married high-school educated woman with 4 kids
who just lost both her jobs due to economic cutbacks and a poor economy
in a poor (northern) state and is now worried how they'll survive the
harsh winter and about her children's future.

She's an actual person and her concerns are more real and urgent and
desperate than whether this plumber can afford to buy the company he
works for and the amount of taxes he might have to pay.
__________

In developing personas, we also need to consider lower-income families,
as these are the people who are hurting the worst from this economic
crisis.

It's interesting what Australia's doing - helping the people who need it
most.

<article excerpt>
The surprise package primarily targets pensioners, low and middle-income
families, carers and first-home buyers, and is aimed at boosting
consumer spending.</exerpt>

http://www1.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Business/Australia_unveils_massi
ve_economic_stimulus_package/articleshow/3592920.cms

Courtney Jordan