Does anyone use their iPhone/mobile device to send notes to themselves? How
about refer back to their ideas that the posted to Twitter to follow up -
with images attached? Just trying to get a feel for all the ways we keep
track of the constant assault on our senses, how we process, store, and
return to those inspirations, thoughts, ideas.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:54 AM, adrian chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I hadn't even thought of the back of the hand -- that's great. I once had
> both my thumbs broken at the same time and walked about with both arms in
> casts -- had I been so inclined, they might have made for a great
> note-taking device, and a semi-public one at that. In fact the history of
> writing on the body is long indeed. (some argue that writing itself began
> with ritual practices of a violent "graphism" excercised during rites of
> passage and similar ceremonies...)
>
> But seriously tho, I like to draft thoughts within blogger some times -- I
> find that using blogger even to take notes puts me in a narrative mind set.

> On Oct 26, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Jeff Howard wrote:
>
>  I keep notes in a small gridded Moleskin notebook. But more important
>> is simply having something to write with. Always. In a pinch I'll
>> jot down observations on the back of my hand between the thumb and
>> index finger. I never knew you could write there until I saw the
>> movie Memento, but it's a really nice affordance.
>>
>> The only "formal" process I have for non-project related research
>> is collecting local papers when I travel. Helps to see the world
>> though a different set of eyes.
>>
>> // jeff
>>

>> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
>> Posted from the new ixda.org
>> http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=34828

> cheers,
>
> adrian chan
>
> 415 516 4442
> Social Interaction Design (www.gravity7.com)
> Sr Fellow, Society for New Communications Research (www.SNCR.org)
> LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/in/adrianchan)

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

Will Evans | User Experience Architect
tel: +1.617.281.1281 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
aim: semanticwill
gtalk: semanticwill
twitter: semanticwill
skype: semanticwill