Hi Liz,

By "PC Suite" I'm referring to the generic desktop application which enables
you to perform certain operations on your handset and between your handset and
contents present in the computer (move photos and video files, sync contacts
and calendar events, etc).

I reckon by now iTunes could also be considered a PC Suite - so far, the only
one I know of that allows the user to backup their DRM contents (media and
applications) when restoring the iPhone handset. The only way they've managed
to do that is by becoming the sole content content provider for the iPhone...
most vendors allow their customers to purchase DRM material from many sources
(nice), but that also means that when I format my handset, I will lose my £5
Tetris game I downloaded (not nice).

Give your opinion on this idea I had... my colleagues liked it, but we're
having difficulty "justifying" it: on the PC Suite, include a feature that
would enable the user to  capture a snapshot or a video sequence of the
handset's screen interface and sounds. Would you use this? This is not a
"productiveness-enhancer", but then again, neither is Photobooth on the Mac.
It's just good fun.

I like well-designed interfaces. One thing that always catches my eye is how
most MP3 players and mobile handsets on shops will promote the physical
interface (shinny and stylish) on the box artwork, but not the screen
interface. My guess, based on my experience testing these devices, is because
the visual interface and structure of the navigation experience is not as rich,
clear or easy as the users (and the vendors) would like them to be, so they
reenforce the I'm-cool-take-me-home aspect hoping this will trigger impulsive
purchase... this is something my team is trying to work around - got no vote on
the box artwork, though :)

To all that have replied to this thread - thanks, mates. I'm a newbie to the
mobile industry and there's a lot of fascinating stuff to explore with this
media.

Tiago

PS. *Sigh* Liz, my name is "Tiago", not "Diego"... :/