Hi Tiago,

I agree with Sachendra, establishing the connection between the phone
and the computer should be a snap, and easy as making a phone call
(actually, easier :). Nokia Multimedia Transfer for Mac does that
quite well, when using a Bluetooth connection, not when I have to
connect cables first and see if the crappy Nokia USB cable works this
time...

I haven't used Nokia PC Suite on a Windows machine in a while, but
what I can tell from previous versions is that it's way too
engineered, has way too many components that seem cool, perhaps
useful, but that I never ended up using. I would like it that the PC
Suite software would better integrate with all the other things I
normally do on my computer. The Suite could be constantly running,
seamlessly in the background, and when I want to send a message, it
could let me choose between sending an SMS using my phone (but typing
it on the computer) or sending an email. Nokia PC Suite enables that,
but not seamlessly, together with other software on the computer. I
need to start it first, go through menus and then choose to type an
SMS.

Above all, I, too, would like the PC Suite software to concentrate on
a couple essential features, like how to sync and back up, transfer
photos and music, and how to quickly convert videos for the phone so
that I can watch them on the phone. That's the one thing that's
really missing from Nokia's Suite: there are third party solutions
that let me convert video files for the phone, often through a
complicated process that sometimes fails, but Nokia's own PC Suite
doesn't give a handy solution for that (I think they have something
called Media Convert or Media Transfer, but it doesn't work with all
media files).

Maybe not everybody watches video on their phone, so that's not an
essential feature, but backup/sync and music photo transfer
definitely are I think.

---
Karri Ojanen
Sr. Information Architect