We (my design team) do not see any separation between UCD and ACD.
They are NOT mutually exclusive in any of the products we design.
When we incorporate ACD (more specifically, Activity Theory
Framework) in our practice we introduce many opportunities to
discover new tools and features for our Users.

Check out this diagram from a conference session I recently conducted
regarding Activity Modeling:

http://openscreens.com/articles/activity-modeling-for-kanban-pull-systems/attachment/activitymodeling_ux_kaizenconf-copy

Let me know if you have any suggestions or questions.

Cheers!