I had a great experience using the Emery Go Round system in
Emeryville, CA due to their NextBus real-time tracking implementation,
however their web site can definitely use some work and isn't as
simple or direct as One Bus Away's site. You can retrieve real-time
shuttle status from the bus stop and the web site, and the system
worked great for me while I was there. Take a look:

http://www.emerygoround.com/

Btw, let me know if you'd like any thoughts on the LA area MTA and
Metrolink. The public transportation experience is so fun to think
about and dabble in, and I love conjuring up ideas each time I ride.

MQ