I imagine a touchscreen control, roughly the same size as a computer
keyboard, but with the same dimensions ratio as the monitor, that you use to
control the main monitor / PC. It would  respond to various of gestures - 2
fingers, 3 fingers, swiping, tapping etc.
This could combine the benefits of the controls of the touchscreen with the
benefits of having the screen at a comfortable height.

A specific gesture could then make the pad display a keyboard when necessary
and other controls as / when needed.

Open up your media player and it displays media controls. Software
developers could develop specific control interfaces for their application.

Does this exist already? Has anyone ever built something similar? All the
technology exists, it would be a case of pulling it all together.

Sam
www.pixelthread.co.uk