Good stuff.  A quick thought: rather than scroll the page to the bottom when
replying to a comment, can you instead put the 'create comment' interface in
a floaty panel just below the comment you are responding to?   (Inline below
might be confusing).
As for jQuery resources, I am really digging the book jQuery in Action by
Bibeault and Katz.