Whoa, Andrei... hard to know where to start with a response. I really
wasn't trying to flame anyone, including the designers... while
it's true I do get frustrated with lack of usability in products
meant for democracy, especially in the voting system. (Part of my
larger frustration w/ the gov't.) I do think in a democracy I'm
entitled to my opinion EVEN IN CAPS. I disagree with many of your
points and wonder if you've used the form yourself.

In any case, it was just an error in their form, and I perhaps
generalized it, but it is something that interests me--helping as a
designer in this way, and feeling empowered--so thanks to all the
constructive responses (especially yours, Dana). I remember hearing
about the plain language movement from my grad program at CMU, so I
knew there had to be other efforts going on in interaction design,
just didn't know where.

Thanks again - PEACE
Susan

--