On Jan 27, 2009, at 11:05 PM, Dave Malouf wrote:

hmm? I think I'm still a believer in rigorous methods for making up for the
unpredictability of "talent" and "judgment".

Actually, Robert's point about experienced and inexperienced designers goes hand in hand with yours. Using great methods gives a Designer the capability to produce great work, regardless of the amount of past experience. It helps to teach the inexperienced how to do design and gives them a more level playing field.

I took Robert's point to mean that experience isn't the only goose that lays the golden egg.

Cheers!

Todd Zaki Warfel
President, Design Researcher
Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
Contact Info
Voice:  (215) 825-7423
Email:  t...@messagefirst.com
AIM:    twar...@mac.com