Hi Jared,

> I like the name Genius Design because it means I'll never resort to it. But
> I have met people in my travels who were capable of seeing and solving
> problems without any research that took me years of research to uncover.
> Those people are true geniuses in my mind.
If one designer can come up with a good design, he should be a expert
for target domain. This may means himself already in the domain for
enough time, or if he's fresh, he pay for it by design research.
If "solving problems without any research that took me years of
research to uncover", it may means he understands domain very well
before design while you are not, but this cant tell he's genius or
not.
And indeed there's great designer who can design effectively, but that
doesn't mean he can design without insight of the domain, instead,
this means he's capable of grasping the spirit in very effective way.
>From this means, i prefer the expertise design instead of genius
design. Genius is a description of the possible people instead of
process or method.

Regards,
Jarod

--