Nehal,

Experience is the totality of ones perception, but I think what you
are getting at is how to differentiate a positive experience from a
negative one.

I believe the key is expectation. If an experience meets or exceeds
ones expectations of that experience it's perceived as positive, if
it's below expectations it's perceived as negative. This is
independent of the pleasure associated with any given task - so it
would apply to something enjoyable or a chore.

If I have an errand to run that I expect to take an hour, and I get
it done in 20 minutes that's a positive experience. But if I
expected the task to take just 10 minutes then I'm likely to
perceive the same experience as negative. Either way, it's still a
required task - a chore I needed to get done. A positive experience
doesn't in itself make the task pleasurable or fun.