Getting a glossary together is a great idea, both for Dan's revised book and
for the community. I (helped) put together a UI glossary at Yahoo but that
has more to do with what elements on the screen ("button") are called, for
the purposes of consistent translation to 35 other languages. While
researching it I did come across some glossaries from MS and a few others,
though I don't want to fall into fallacy of equating UI and IxD.
Some of the words being suggested here seem to be UX words but not IxD
words, which is probably a good thing from the perspective of coming to
agreement across subdiscipline on what the terms mean, but it might be worth
sometimes indicated when a word is from the core IxD practices or
shared/borrowed/encountered on cross-functional teams.

On the IA side of the fence, we are working on a "skills" matrix in which
we're trying to inventory a number of the skills and tasks that IAs should
be expected to be able to do at various stages of their career. Of course
there are variations but we think we can indicate some "required" and
"elective" skills at various rough levels. The purpose of the exercise is to
help hiring managers and job seekers ask for and meet matching expectations.

The IxDA may want to do something similar (and the other tribes: usability
experts, etc., may wish to do so as well), and we could all compare notes at
some point, both on terminology and on skillsets.

-xian-