Exactly- tho the instance I was thinking (and I know there are many like this), was how IxDs and VisDe's often times and un-intentionally use the word "mock" or "screen" differently... and the resulting mis- communication of expectations can cause confusion. Likewise, "prototype" to those not terribly practiced in much usability testing, could exclusively imply a high-fidelity digital prototype... and it'd be nice for such a definition to present a variety of sub-definition option/examples, such as paper prototypes, low-fi HTML prototypes, Flex, etc.

Personally, I'd also like to see VisDe terminology and process stages included into such a glossary, because I yearn for the day when product groups understand our role in the complete product lifecycle process as one which extends far beyond "the person who makes it pretty," and this seems like a great opportunity to evangelize a deeper understanding of all unique roles in the UED process.

10-4,

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Nina Eleanor Alter