Ach, I spoke too soon. RPI is phasing out ALL distance learning graduate
degrees and certificate programs, meaning polymer chemistry, mechanical
engineering, all that (all those courses that I had to upload in that damn
distance catalog).

http://www.rpi.edu/ewp/distance/academics/schedule_projected.html

What's important to know is that this page, the projected schedule, is the
most important document on the site, from the POV of the Institute, cuz it
represents a legally-binding commitment to the students IN PROGRESS.

So scanning down this course list, it looks to me like all the HCI courses
are still going to be offered thru 2010 or so, but the degree programs are
going away.

This is the note at the very bottom:

Prospective Students
Beginning with the Fall 2008 semester, Rensselaer has begun a three year
transition to phase out the delivery of degree and certificate programs via
distance learning. Please be assured that all distance students will be able
to complete their programs as originally planned, and we will work with each
student individually to develop their plan of study or account for any
changes to their plan of study resulting from this change. If you have not
applied or been accepted these programs are no longer available.

Chris

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Christine Boese <christine.bo...@gmail.com