Hi,

I'm a little late to the discussion (and new to IxDA)... Nasir was
so kind to point me to this thread - I'm working with Mozilla Labs,
spearheading our efforts to build a global Open Innovation program
under the roof of the Labs Concept Series
(http://labs.mozilla.com/projects/concept-series/).

Having said that - it's amazing to see the ideas being discussed
here. We are currently working on the next iteration of what started
with a simple discussion forum - the idea being, that we want to
create a space/collaboration tool which allows the wider community to
come together, hash out ideas, move them along to mockup and prototype
stage, fork them off, build upon, mash them together and "create
innovation".

You'll find some initial ideas, user stories, wireframes, etc on our
wiki: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Site_2.0 (the two documents under
"idea creation tool" are the relevant ones).

I would love to start a dialog with this group and get your feedback
- on how we can build not only a tool but a program which fosters
opportunities for UI/UX/HCI people to get involved in Open Source.

To give you some starting points on what we did, do, plan to do and
think about:
- We launched the Design Challenge, an event directly targeted
towards UI/UX/HCI students from around the world
(http://labs.mozilla.com/2009/01/introducing-the-design-challenge/)
- The University of Michigan%u2019s School of Information held two
Mozilla Labs Design Jam events which we hope to bring to many more
schools around the world
(http://sochi.cms.si.umich.edu/?q=content/design-jam-mozilla-design-challenge-spring-2009)
- I recently held a Skype Video-Conference call with a group in
India, where I explained what we are trying to do with the Concept
Series (http://www.vimeo.com/3236930)

Warm regards from London,
-Pascal