On Feb 28, 2009, at 6:14 PM, Adam Korman wrote:

Now if you already know you're right, a hyper-realistic prototype with reusable code and graphic assets may be useful. This brings up an important missing piece from the chart, which is any discussion of the goal of creating the prototype and how different mediums may be more or less appropriate for different goals. If your goal is to test overall concepts, I think this chart is totally misleading. If the goal is to test if your concepts are possible given the technology, the chart seems more reasonable.

Adam, this is an excellent point. One of the values of prototyping is to work your way through a design and and evaluate a number of design solutions. However, if you only evaluate the one, then you're missing one of the most valuable assets of prototyping.

Damn, I really better get those last two chapters finished....

Cheers!

Todd Zaki Warfel
President, Design Researcher
Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
Contact Info
Voice:  (215) 825-7423
Email:  t...@messagefirst.com
AIM:    twar...@mac.com