A colleague recently mentioned to me that she has sensed that clients
are starting to question the value of personas.

What do you think, has an inherent gap been revealed in the
usefulness of personas as we know them? Has anyone else gotten this
sense, and if so, can personas be redeemed?

Also, When is the last time you actually saw a project team-member
outside of IxD/UX go back and refer to persona documentation during
the later stages of a product or site development process?