This is critique in general about people who prefers to choose the
complex path, in fearing of being devalued.

I actually didn't want to get involve in this discussion, because it
is almost like Apple vs PC, but if I don't ask or discuss clarity will
never be reached, and some people actually think that WordPress is
just a blog and can't be a CMS.

I have been on this group I think for over a year now and I thought
that the aim of this group, of like minded people, was to create
better user experiences. We want to create products that users can
embrace and not be frustrated by. Why is it then that the "experts"
fear WordPress? Why do the "experts" choose systems that are known for
their higher learning curves and shun the systems like WordPress that
has excelled in user experience? WordPress embodies everything we want
in our digital life; a product that are easy to learn and use (than
any other similar system currently on the market).

Does empowering the user, scare the experts because they might no
longer be needed or feel less of an expert among their peers?
Why do you want to do the more complex methods if easier ones are
available?
I hear things like Drupal or Joomla can DO so much more? Really? Are
you working on possibility or practicality? How many users do you
think WordPress MU handles?
Are we being hypocrites (especially as IxDA Members) by choosing more
complex systems?

I am not criticising Drupal or anyone specifically here. I am sure the
people at Drupal are great and passionate about the product they
create and so are the Joomla supporters; and their products can do
amazing things. But if you are evangelists for a better user
experience, shouldn't you be supporting the products which have a
better user experience?

The funny thing is that Drupal & Joomla can improve their user
experience with leaps, if only they will only choose to stop using
engineering and programming terms and start talking the user's
language.