Drupal being more complex and technical is a fallacy.
I've used drupal, joomla, mambo, crown peak, trinidad, proprietary systems a
slew of others and when I finally got around to checking out wordpress I was
pleasantly surprised.

Even if wordpress doesn't do exactly what you want it to do out of the box
the experts should be able to pull it together and make it happen within a
reasonable amount of time.

I always wondered why some big dev teams or communities just don't develop
their own tool/system. Why don't you guys do your things and conduct your
millions of tests, make some decisions, make some wireframes, prototypes and
wow the world with that skill everyone should buy into? A team of designers
agreeing to use drupal is kind of strange.

I think the communication of creating a simple internal tool is probably the
best opportunity to get everyone in sync before you offer your whacky
service to the public.

Just my 2 cents.

I'll still read the emails no matter what you use. Please don't take this
away (bad move). It's discouraging a specialized team/community that boast
about optimal research before design would just jump on the bandwagon and
say drupal, we are using drupal. Drupal is the first search result that
comes up when you google CMS, it must be the best...