Hi,

I graduated from the Berkeley program in 02. I had a terrific experience,
and I've been able to successfully pursue my career interest (interaction
design) with the MIMS degree as a foundation.

It is also a highly interdisciplinary program, which can be shaped according
to the interests of each student. There are core courses that provide a
broad foundation (in technology, information / library science, intellectual
property law, socio-technical theories, etc), but you can also take any
course offered at Berkeley as long as your advisor and the person teaching
the class agree to it. For instance, I took a self-paced Java class in the
CS department, and a course in Metaphor in the Linguistics / Cog Sci
department.

I know that since my time there has been a lot of change in the program, and
specifically I think there is a lot of focus on mobile interfaces. Hopefully
a current student or recent graduate will chime in with more color...

Cheers,

   Jean-Anne