Uday,

I love that you are interested in and thinking about design philosophy...

Interestingly, this coincides with a number of conversations I know are
happening within larger, established organizations where design has,
traditionally, been absent, added like an afterthought, enjoyed some success
and now faces an identity crisis as the scope of proposed influence becomes
greater, more designer from different backgrounds are brought in and all are
expected to redefine themselves. I can't tell you how many times, in the
past few weeks, I've been "seen" as a unique and alien creature - "So, you
do design but you're also an anthropologist...so what do you do?"

I would absolutely LOVE to see this continuum mapped out in 3-dimensional
space such that one can really understand the complexities that exist out
there. And of course, many more levels of detail would be awesome, too. And
let's see...geospatial web, anyone?

I'm sure you've already seen this but it might spark some ideas if you
haven't: http://informationarchitects.jp/web-trend-map-4-final-beta/

Cheers,
Christine