"So, I'd say, don't look for a position as a dual designer/coder.
Look for a position as a designer or as a programer but just *BE* the
designer/programmer that you are! "

As someone in similar shoes to yourself I completely agree with Dave
here. Although advertised positions requiring both are rare that's
not always the case once you're inside. I often go into contracts as
either a IX/UX designer OR a UI developer and, because of my
background, find myself getting involved in the other. I usually take
these roles because I see an opportunity to get involved in both when
doing a bit of background research on the company. These days I tend
to sell myself as a IX/UX designer (major) with a solid UI dev
(minor) skill set as thats how I want the balance to be.

And yes, it is possible to be great at both.