For the price of a cup of coffee you can help IxDA deliver our
next-generation platform to serve the needs of the interaction design
community. We can't do it without your help.

http://bit.ly/17AJoE

Since its inception as a mailing list in 2003, IxDA now supports over 10,000
discussion list <http://www.ixda.org/discuss.php> subscribers, 80 IxDA Local
Groups <http://www.ixda.org/local.php> from around the world, an annual
conference (with a regional conference on the way in South America), several
budding community initiatives and over 12,000 people affiliated via
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/groupRegistration?gid=3754>.
Despite our ambitions, our current technology infrastructure is no longer
able to support our needs, nor expand to meet our future ones.

You have the opportunity to expand IxDA's capability to provide the
next-generation website that will take us beyond the mailing list of today.
We aim to develop a solid, extensible platform for our community of practice
to meet and enrich one another and grow the discipline. IxDA has chosen
Drupal as the technology framework for our new infrastructure. The Drupal
framework will allow the IxDA community to grow and thrive with improved
digital communications capabilities, easy sharing and searching of all types
of content, local group sites, and member profiles. However, we can't build
the new website ourselves. This is where your financial support is crucial.

I am IxDA. You are, too. Without the generous contributions, participation
and support of the interaction design community, IxDA wouldn't be where it
is today. IxDA is a member-supported organization, not a
membership-supported organization, so we collect no dues. You are a member
if you say you are. It's that simple. Beyond the generous contribution of
volunteer time, financially this means we rely heavily on revenue-generating
events like our annual conference and on fundraising efforts such as this,
which we haven't held since 2007.

Our goal is to collect $30,000 over the next four days, until June 26th.
Ambitious, I know, but not impossible. Consider this: If 10,000 subscribers
contributed $3, a fancy cup of coffee in some parts, we'd be done. Or 1,000
contributed $30, often less than a good book these days. If you gain
anything from IxDA, won't you please give a little back? No amount is too
big or small. As a thank you to all that contribute, we will hold a drawing
each day and select one name to receive a complimentary registration to
interaction'10, being held in Savannah, GA next February! (Note:  Each day
starts at 12:01 am GMT. No IxDA Board Members are eligible for the drawing.
All registrations are transferable but not eligible for cash exchange.)

Please contribute now!

http://bit.ly/17AJoE

Tell the community that you're supporting IxDA!

Retweet your support:
http://bit.ly/V7kdV

We would love to hear why you're a part of IxDA. Create your own IxDA
Support widget for your blog or site while you're at it:
http://bit.ly/12uHaE

How the money will be spent:
We want to be able to select a highly qualified development partner who can
help sustain our organizational growth over the long term. The funds
gathered will be used to build, deploy and maintain the new website. Any
funds not used in the current round of development will be used for ongoing
website support and development. You can expect updates throughout the build
process for how things are progressing. Our goal is to have the first phase
of work done by this Fall.

On behalf of the IxDA Board of Directors and all who care about this
community, I thank you!

Janna DeVylder,  President, IxDA