Hi folks,

Thanks, Gilberto, for thinking about our best interests. Let me give the group some more background. This project, code-named IxDA Conan, was launched over six months ago with a call for volunteer contributions. We also put out a call for support in the groups.drupal.org community. Today, IxDA Conan is operating with a team of almost 20 IxDA members who are volunteering their time and energy to make this project happen. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our wonderful team members who have been so hard at work behind the scenes:

Alok Nandy
Atul Thanvi
Ben Vaughan
Chad Vavra
Chong Lee Khoo
Chris Blow
Christopher Vestal
Jason Pamental
Jonathan Knoll
Joseph Rich Rogan
Maria Tagarelli De Monte
Matt Nish-Lapidus
Mayur Karnik
Neil Cadsawan
Shivanand Reddy
Tonia M. Bartz

In addition to myself in the Creative Director role, IxDA Directors Amyris Fernandez and Nasir Barday are also on the Conan team. We have a couple Drupal-knowledgable resources on the Conan team, and we already have a sandbox installation in place as well as a sense of how to approach the Drupal theme work. Everybody's hard at work on the interaction design proposals even as I type. However, in numerous ways we have determined that we are unable to achieve our organization's objectives with volunteer resources alone. We are a community of designers, not developers. We urgently need this infrastructure and cannot afford to delay its implementation in any way. The rough vision for this new community of practice system has been in the works for at least two years, and you would not believe the amount of shepherding and project management that it has taken to get us to this point. Trust me on this. ;)

As I said, we've asked the community for assistance on this project numerous times, and I'm sorry if you missed those messages. We've been apprising the community about our project through the Board Blog and this discussion list. Soon, in fact, you will see a call for community feedback on the interaction design proposals for the new system. Nevertheless, it's time to get serious and enlist true professional resources who can create the stable, scalable and reliable infrastructure to support IxDA's current and future growth. We chose Drupal partly because it's so accessible and well-known, and so we look forward to future member contributions that will add innovative features and capabilities for our community. But right now, it's time to get the show on the road!!

Cheers,
Liz, IxDA Vice-President