While I am willing to contribute without hesitation, I would like to offer
some thoughts:

I am an interaction designer for desktop/web applications, but I have
created Drupal sites in versions 5 and 6 (custom themes, CCK, overriding
nodes, Views 2, configuration, etc).  I am wondering if there are more
people in this list that have experience in Drupal and would be willing to
help before considering getting contractors to do it for us?

If we need custom modules then I can try posting about it in the Drupal
community.  We may be able to get a volunteer or else we can exchange
design-for-programming for Drupal itself (they are looking for interaction
designers to help with usability issues for Drupal 7).  We would benefit
more by partnering with another community that based its approach on people
volunteering their time for the greater good.

Again, I'm fine with the monetary contribution, just thinking aloud on other
alternatives to get our Drupal work done.

Cheers,

Gilberto