From: Todd Zaki Warfel <li...@toddwarfel.com>
To: IXDA list <disc...@ixda.org>; IAI Members <iai-memb...@iainstitute.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2009 8:23:28 AM
Subject: [IxDA Discuss] Research methods when you only have 2-3 hours or 2-3
days

So, yesterday I asked what your favorite methods for rapid research were.
Nobody responded. Does that mean that no one here is using research to inform
your designs? Are you guys all just winging it?

Do you just skip the research phase if your client tells you "we don't have
time."? I realize this group is geared more towards design or organizing
information, but how do you inform your decisions? Have we gotten so complacent
that we just go with our gut or based on our past knowledge?

Come on people. If you only have a few hours or a few days to produce some
research, what method(s) do you use?

Cheers!

Todd Zaki Warfel
Principal Design Researcher
Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
Contact Info
Voice:    (215) 825-7423
Email:    t...@messagefirst.com
AIM:    twar...@mac.com