Jared Spool wrote:
Over the past 20+ years, the ADA has tried a variety of solutions. Nothing has been as successful as the introduction of children's powered toothbrushes.

Now, you can debate whether they missed something or the resulting design is somehow suboptimal. However, that misses the point of this discussion.

Actually, I was off on a bit of a tangent, I was wondering out loud why motorized toothbrushes work and if there isn't a better way to implement that functionality. Has anyone other than the ADA studied this in other cultures, and what were their results? Is the mechanism really a complex one of subtle manipulation or is it simple novelty that makes it work?

--
J. Eric "jet" Townsend -- designer, fabricator, hacker

design: www.allartburns.org; hacking: www.flatline.net;  HF: KG6ZVQ
PGP: 0xD0D8C2E8 AC9B 0A23 C61A 1B4A 27C5 F799 A681 3C11 D0D8 C2E8